Hot Water Chocolate Cake
Yield: one 13- x 9-inch cake
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dark Fudge Frosting
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with boiling water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Gently stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn out on a flat surface, and cool completely. Spread Dark Fudge Frosting on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note