Hot Water Chocolate Cake
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dark Fudge Frosting
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with boiling water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Gently stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn out on a flat surface, and cool completely. Spread Dark Fudge Frosting on top and sides of cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This