love this recipe. easy to make and i always add more curry - i love curry!
Hot Turkey Curry Salad
Photo: James Carrier
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 556
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sodium: 939mg
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 1/3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- Turkey meatball mixture (directions follow)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 to 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 pound (about 2 qt.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and crisped
- Apricot-lemon chutney
- Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1. In a 12-inch frying pan or 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir oil, onion, ginger, and garlic until onion is limp, about 8 minutes. Add curry powder, cumin, and cayenne; stir until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 3 cups broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2. Shape turkey meatball mixture into 1-inch balls and drop, as formed, into boiling broth. Cover and simmer over low heat until meatballs are no longer pink in center (cut to test), 6 to 8 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/3 cup broth. Add to pan, stirring until sauce boils, about 2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- 4. Mound rice on dinner plates; surround with spinach, and spoon meatballs and sauce over rice and spinach. Add chutney and yogurt to taste.
- Turkey meatball mixture. In a bowl, mix 1 pound ground lean turkey, 1 large egg, 1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/3 cup chopped onion, and 1 teaspoon salt until well blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note