Cooking Light DECEMBER 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Coat a 9 x 5–inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 11.25 ounces flour (about 2 1/2 cups) into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 11.25 ounces flour and next 8 ingredients (through cloves), stirring with a whisk.
4. Combine 1/2 cup water, yogurt, molasses, and coffee granules in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
5. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth (about 1 minute). Add sugar and fresh ginger; beat at medium speed until well combined (about 1 minute). Add egg and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beating at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with yogurt mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Go to full version of