The hardest part of making this recipe was finding the ingredients but it was worth it. Not only will this be good with turkey but it will be great with pork tenderloin. Just a bit of heat with the pepper jelly, the sweetness of the pear preserves, and the tartness of the cranberries made a great combination.
Hot-and-Spicy Cranberry-Pear Chutney
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Angie Mosier
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 (10 1/2-oz.) jars pear preserves
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) jar hot jalapeño pepper jelly
- 1 (9-oz.) jar mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1. Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cranberry skins begin to split.
- 2. Stir in preserves and remaining ingredients; simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool chutney completely (about 2 hours).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This