Hot Spiced Compote
- 2 oranges, sliced and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce) can purple plums, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons Cognac
- Cut orange slices in half. Combine orange slices and water in a medium-size non-aluminum saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes. Strain, discarding pulp.
- Drain pineapple and peaches, reserving juice. Combine hot orange liquid, reserved pineapple and peach juice, lemon rind, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg in non-aluminum saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes. Add pineapple, peaches, plums, and mandarin oranges; heat thoroughly. Stir in Cognac. Serve in dessert bowls.
- Note: Ladle into an insulated container for a picnic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note