Forget whether they are good. They put this as a Georgia Tech recipe online but the cookbook I bought has it under the UGA section! Oh Southern Living should know better!!
Hot Spiced Boiled Peanuts
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Allison R. Banks
More From Southern Living
5 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 2 pounds raw peanuts in the shell
- 1/3 cup salt
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1. Bring all ingredients and 1 gal. water to a boil in a stockpot over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 hours or until peanuts are tender. Add water as needed to keep peanuts covered.
- 2. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 1 hour.
- Note: We tested with Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers