Hot Spiced Applesauce
Homemade applesauce is easy and delicious, especially when lightly spiced. Serve with grilled pork chops or chicken.
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 (24-ounce) jar applesauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Cook applesauce and pineapple over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, rum. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note