Hot and Sour Spinach Salad
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled andsectioned
- Combine breadcrumbs and salt; stir well. Dip cheese in egg white; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place cheese on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Combine spinach and green onions; toss well, and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, and stir in grapefruit.
- Remove prepared cheese from freezer. Remove wax paper, and bake cheese at 400° for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese begins to soften.
- Pour grapefruit mixture over spinach mixture; toss gently. Top evenly with baked cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note