- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled andsectioned
- calories 133
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 8.5 g
- carbohydrate 17.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 246 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine breadcrumbs and salt; stir well. Dip cheese in egg white; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place cheese on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze 30 minutes.
Combine spinach and green onions; toss well, and set aside.
Combine brown sugar and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, and stir in grapefruit.
Remove prepared cheese from freezer. Remove wax paper, and bake cheese at 400° for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese begins to soften.
Pour grapefruit mixture over spinach mixture; toss gently. Top evenly with baked cheese. Serve immediately.