- 1 (3.75-ounce) package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup diced carrot (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 lime wedges
- calories 352
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- protein 39.1 g
- carbohydrate 33.5 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 6.7 mg
- sodium 913 mg
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fiber 1.3 g
- calcium 106 mg
How to Make It
Soak bean threads in warm water 10 minutes; drain.
. Drizzle soy sauce over fish, and set aside.
. Combine broth and next 5 ingredients in a deep 12-inch skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar melts. Add carrot; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
. Add fish; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until fish is firm and centers of fillets are almost opaque (fish should not be completely cooked). Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 2 minutes to allow fish to finish cooking.
. To serve, divide bean threads among shallow bowls. Place fish over bean threads; ladle soup over fish. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately with lime wedges.