The quesadillas were great, but I didn't like the avocado salsa. I ate my leftovers with guacamole and it was MUCH better.
Hot-Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
Cotija is a salty aged Mexican cheese. Shredded Monterey Jack helps hold the quesadillas together.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 quesadilla wedges and 1/4 cup avocado mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 422
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 21.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 957mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) package hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated cotija cheese
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons juice, onion, and next 5 ingredients (through salmon), stirring well. Combine cheeses. Divide half of cheese mixture evenly among 3 tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 1/3 cups bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Top with remaining 3 tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 1 quesadilla in pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove and keep warm. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining cooking spray and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half; cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and salt; toss gently. Serve with quesadillas. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes