- 6 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- Peanut oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled okra
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
How to Make It
Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish. Stir together cracker crumbs, baking powder, and remaining 3/4 cup flour in a second shallow dish. Whisk together eggs and hot sauce in a third shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cracker mixture, pressing to adhere.
Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; heat to 360°. Fry half of chicken 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and done. Repeat procedure with remaining half of chicken.
Stir together sour cream, sugar, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss together coleslaw mix, pickled okra, diced pimiento, and sour cream mixture. Serve slaw and chicken with additional hot sauce.