Wow, what a great sandwich! I made them for a party and they were a huge hit! I did not use dinner rolls that were attached to each other. I used a more substantial bread. The sandwiches still turned out wonderful. The combination of the sweet peach preserves and the mustard/mayo mixture worked perfectly. Also, I did not have walnuts, so I used toasted pecans and I wished I would have sprinkled more on each sandwich. They added a great crunch. I can't wait to make these again!!!
Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches
Get ahead of holiday parties. Plan to stash a few batches of these casual, three-bite sandwiches in your freezer. This roast beef sandwich recipe is easy for family gatherings as well as upscale entertaining events.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 (9.25-oz.) packages dinner rolls
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup mustard-mayonnaise blend
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, chopped
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Havarti cheese
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Heat walnuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 3. Remove rolls from packages. (Do not separate rolls.) Cut rolls in half horizontally, creating 1 top and 1 bottom per package. Spread preserves on cut sides of top of rolls; sprinkle with walnuts. Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend on cut sides of bottom of rolls; top with roast beef and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover with top halves of rolls, preserves sides down, and wrap in aluminum foil.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 3, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator, and bake as directed in Step 4. For testing purposes only, we used Rainbo Dinner Time Rolls, Hellmann's Dijonnaise Creamy Dijon Mustard, and Boar's Head Londonport Roast Beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note