- 1 tube (10 oz., for 12-in. crust) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 carton (8 oz.; 1 cup) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (8 oz.; 1 cup) marinara sauce
- calories 158
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- protein 7.9 g
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 533 mg
- cholesterol 15 mg
How to Make It
On a 12- by 15-inch baking sheet, unroll pizza crust dough.
Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and garlic.
Spread mixture evenly over dough.
Starting at a long edge of dough, roll to enclose filling. Set the loaf, seam down, on baking sheet. Brush loaf top with olive oil.
Bake in a 425° oven until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir marinara sauce in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat until hot; or heat in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until hot.
Slice loaf diagonally, making 10 equal portions. Offer 1 slice as an appetizer serving, or 2 slices as a main-dish sandwich. Spoon marinara sauce over slices to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per slice.