- 6 large red tomatoes
- 6 large green tomatoes
- 3 large onions
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/3 cup black peppercorns, cracked
- 2 to 3 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- Chop first 4 ingredients coarsely. Pulse in a food processor 2 to 3 times or until chopped; drain.
- Combine tomato mixture, sugar, and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 45 minutes.
- Pack mixture into hot jars, filling to 1/2 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments