- 4 slices (1/4 lb.) thick-cut bacon
- 8 cups (about 1/2 lb.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 firm-ripe red-skin plums (about 1/2 lb. total)
- 4 teaspoons coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- calories 144
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 4.5 g
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 324 mg
- cholesterol 11 mg
How to Make It
Cut bacon crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, stir bacon frequently until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to drain on towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
Put spinach in a large bowl. Rinse and pit plums and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Set pan with drippings over high heat. Add mustard, vinegar, and sugar; stir, then add plums. Heat until boiling, about 1 minute; turn plums over once.
Pour hot plum mixture over spinach. Mix and lift with salad fork and spoon. Sprinkle with bacon and add salt to taste.