Hot Peppered Pork
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1 pound lean boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-salt beef broth
- 4 cups shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1. Partially freeze pork; trim fat. Slice pork into 1/4-inch-thick strips; cut strips into 2-inch pieces. Combine pork and soy sauce in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and turn to coat pork. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add red bell pepper; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring often. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- 3. Add oil to pan; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add pork to pan; cook 5 minutes or until pork is done, stirring often. Add red bell pepper and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
- 4. Top shredded cabbage with pork mixture. Serve immediately.
- carbo rating: 3
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes