Hot Pecan Peas
Use turkey bacon (which yields less drippings) and a nonstick skillet to make this dish more healthful.
More From Southern Living
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen baby sweet peas (do not thaw)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Stir onion into hot drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to medium low; cook 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Add peas, 1/2 cup water, and Creole seasoning; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until peas are tender. Stir in bacon and pecans.
- Note: To toast pecans, bake in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note