Hot Oven-Roasted Chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) whole chicken
- Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour oil mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Tuck wings under, and tie legs together with string, if desired. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 450° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken thigh registers 180°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note