- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add flour, beating well.
Divide dough in half, and shape each portion into a ball; cover and chill 1 hour.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until tender. Stir in sour cream and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
Roll 1 dough portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on greased baking sheets. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
Spoon 1 teaspoon mushroom mixture onto half of each dough circle. Moisten edges with beaten egg, and fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal; prick tops. Brush turnovers with beaten egg.
Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.