More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups torn fresh mint leaves, plus 24 fresh mint leaves for mashing
- 16 teaspoons sugar
- 8 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz.) light rum
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- 1. Into a large teapot or heatproof pitcher, pour 6 cups boiling water over mint leaves. Allow to steep 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in each of 8 mugs or Irish coffee glasses, use a wooden spoon to mash 3 fresh mint leaves with 2 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. lime juice.
- 3. Add 1/4 cup (2 oz.) light rum and 3/4 cup of the mint tea, poured through a strainer, to each. If you like, you can garnish with a few fresh cranberries for Christmas red and green.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This