Hot Milk Cake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain soy or other nondairy milk
- About 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) margarine or butter
- 4 large eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1. In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 2. In a 1-quart glass measure in a microwave oven at full power (100%), or in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium heat, warm soy milk with 1/4 cup margarine until margarine is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In another bowl, with a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until foamy. Add flour and milk mixtures. Stir to mix, then beat until well blended.
- 4. Lightly coat 2 cake pans (each 9 in. wide) with margarine. Pour batter equally into pans.
- 5. Bake in a 350° oven until top of cake is browned and springs back when lightly pressed in the center, about 25 minutes (about 20 minutes in a convection oven). Invert cake from pans onto racks. Serve warm or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts