Followed recipe almost exactly (55oz can of beans, 10 oz jar of chutney, a few sliced pickled jalepenos which i chopped)...everyone raved and wanted the recipe. I was worried it would be too spicy for some of my friends, but it wasn't too spicy at all. You can get the chutney on the Asian food aisle.
Hot Mango Chutney Baked Beans
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (53-oz.) can pork and beans in tomato sauce, drained
- 1 (9-oz.) jar hot mango chutney
- 3 pickled jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Sauté onion in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Stir together onion, pork and beans, and next 5 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top bean mixture with bacon.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables