- 8 bacon slices
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (53-oz.) can pork and beans in tomato sauce, drained
- 1 (9-oz.) jar hot mango chutney
- 3 pickled jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
Sauté onion in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Stir together onion, pork and beans, and next 5 ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top bean mixture with bacon.
Bake at 325° for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with a slotted spoon.