Hot Grilled Grits
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) jar process cheese spread
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in grits; cover, reduce heat, and cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch pieplate; cool.
- Unmold grits, and cut into 6 wedges; lightly brush each side with oil.
- Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium heat (300° to 350°). Place wedges on rack, and grill, covered with lid, 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables