The meal was OK. The sauce was more a broth than sauce and needed more balance with the flavors. I probably won't make it again.
Hot Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Have you ever had a restaurant dish so delicious that you've joked that you could bathe in the sauce? This garlic shrimp recipe really is that good. The bread soaks up all the flavorful sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture and 2 bread slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 242mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, and peppers; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; serve with bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note