The meal was OK. The sauce was more a broth than sauce and needed more balance with the flavors. I probably won't make it again.
Hot Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 242mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until toasted.
- While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, and peppers; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in wine and juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; serve with bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes