- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- calories 324
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5.6 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 30.6 g
- carbohydrate 20.3 g
- fiber 2.7 g
- cholesterol 242 mg
- iron 5.5 mg
- sodium 747 mg
- calcium 97 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until toasted.
While bread toasts, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, and peppers; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in wine and juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; serve with bread slices.