Hey dewey848, if the cake turned out "perfectly", then why not a 5 star rating??? Geez, giving this recipe a 5 Star just to even things out.
Hot Fudge Spoon Cake
This slow-cooker chocolate cake is meant to be so soft and gooey that you have to eat it with a spoon--just like you would a hot fudge sundae. Heavenly!
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- Optional: vanilla ice cream
- Combine flour, one cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Spread evenly in a slow cooker. Mix together remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over top of batter. Pour in hot water; do not stir. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted one inch deep comes out clean. Spoon warm cake into bowls; top with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts