Hot Fudge Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-ounce) package unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add milk, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and salt. Cover and chill leftover sauce up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat: Microwave sauce in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute. Stir and microwave at HIGH 1 more minute or until sauce is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note