I have made this cheesecake at the holidays for 15 years and everyone raves about it. I have been asked for this recipe more than any other I make. Cheesecake officianato's claim it as the best chocolate cheesecake on the planet! Cheesecakes should always be wrapped with foil so the butter from the crust does not drip on the bottom of the oven. I double the recipe for a 10 inch springform pan.
Hot Fudge Cheesecake
This dessert develops a brownie-like top as it bakes. Serve any leftover Hot Fudge Sauce over ice cream or pound cake.
Yield: one 7" cheesecake
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well. Firmly press onto bottom and 2 1/2" up sides of a lightly greased 7" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Combine chocolate squares and 3/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add 3/4 cup sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until almost set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake cool in oven 30 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool to room temperature.
- Remove sides of pan. Serve cheesecake with Hot Fudge Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts