The guys love this one! Easy to make, quick, easy to take.
Hot Fudge Brownie Cake
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Cool: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter in pan. Using a spoon, gently drizzle 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter, being careful not to disturb layers. (Do not stir.)
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched. Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Chocolate-Cherry Pudding Cake: Thaw 1 (12-oz.) package frozen dark, sweet, pitted cherries; drain. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, gently sprinkling cherries over batter in pan. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Mocha Pudding Cake: Substitute hot freshly brewed coffee for boiling water. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts