- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas (1 11 oz. package)
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 3 hot dogs, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives or 1 scallion, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 sour cream
- calories 764
- fat 48 g
- satfat 24 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 59 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 97 mg
- sodium 418 mg
How to Make It
Place 3 tortillas on a work surface. Divide cheese and hot dog slices evenly among tortillas. Sprinkle each portion with 1 tsp. chives, a large pinch chili powder and a pinch ground cumin. Top each with remaining tortillas.
In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium heat. Put 1 quesadilla in pan, then rest a small plate on quesadilla to weigh it down; cook for about 2 minutes, until golden underneath. Remove plate, flip quesadilla with a spatula, weigh down with plate and cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp on other side, about 2 minutes. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and quesadillas.
Cut each quesadilla with a pizza wheel or a large, sharp knife into 4 equal wedges. Serve wedges with salsa and sour cream.