This is a great chili recipe.. It's easy to make, and has a wonderful flavor..
Hot Dog Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Wipe Dutch oven clean with a paper towel.
- Sauté onion in hot oil in Dutch oven 5 minutes. Add salt, chili powder, and beef, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in 2 1/4 cups water and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note