- 3 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (10 oz.) Medjool dates, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup cold whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces moist, dark store-bought or homemade banana bread, cut into 1-in. cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- calories 832
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 8.1 g
- fat 34 g
- satfat 17 g
- carbohydrate 134 g
- fiber 8.8 g
- sodium 244 mg
- cholesterol 98 mg
How to Make It
Purée 2 bananas, 2 tsp. sugar, and the lemon juice in a food processor. In a large bowl, fold purée into ice cream, leaving streaks. Freeze until firm, 3 hours.
Melt butter, brown sugar, and salt in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add dates and 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Whisk cream with remaining 1 1/2 tsp. sugar and the vanilla in a bowl until soft peaks form.
Divide bread among 4 bowls. Slice remaining banana. Scoop ice cream into bowls and top with banana, dates and sauce, whipped cream, and nuts.