- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-lb.) package frozen cooked, peeled crawfish tails, thawed and undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- French bread baguette slices
- Garnishes: sliced green onion, chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until bell pepper is tender. Stir in crawfish and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Serve with toasted French bread slices.
You'll need 6 to 7 pounds of cooked whole crawfish for 1 pound of hard-earned meat. Or sub in frozen, peeled crawfish tails.