Hot Cranberry Chutney
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine sugar and water in a large stainless steel saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; add remaining ingredients. Continue to cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Quickly ladle chutney into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments