Hot Crab Dip
"Picking perfect crab dip" by Michael Hastings. Note: The cream cheese can be softened by heating it in the microwave 15 to 20 seconds. If cream cheese isn’t available, a ½ cup mayo and ½ cup sour cream also make a good combination. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 25, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) cream cheese, softened (See Note)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared brown or Dijon mustard
- 4 scallions, divided use
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound(s) fresh pasteurized claw crabmeat
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, beat the sour cream, mayo and cream cheese until well blended. Add the Parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, mustard and half of the scallions. Mix well. Taste and stir in salt and more hot sauce as needed. Gently mix in the crabmeat until combined.
- 2. Transfer mixture to an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish or other small casserole. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until thoroughly hot. Garnish with remaining scallions and serve with crackers, pita chips or pieces of fresh vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note