- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 3 quarts baby spinach leaves (12 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained canned capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 red onion (about 6 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed, stemmed, and cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- calories 315
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 6 g
- sodium 426 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Slice crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Put spinach in a large, shallow serving or mixing bowl. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, capers, and mustard.
Set a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add remaining tablespoon olive oil and the chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Add onion and garlic and stir until onion begins to soften slightly, about 1 minute. Add vinaigrette and stir until hot, about 30 seconds. Pour over spinach.
Sprinkle tomatoes on top and mix; add salt and pepper to taste.