Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 4 cup(s) fat free milk
- 1/2 cup(s) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Place the cocoa in a 2-quart saucepan. Add about 1/2 cup of the milk to make a smooth paste. Stir well to remove all lumps. Gradually whisk in the water, agave, and remaining milk. Place over medium-high heat and bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- cocoa Factoid: Unsweetened cocoa powder’s high starch content makes it difficult to dissolve in liquid. To prevent lumps from forming, use cold liquid, which can help separate the starch particles.
- Omega-3 Factoid: Preliminary British studies show that organic milk contains more omega-3s, likely due to the diet of the organic cows. Though the nutrition database for analyzing this recipe does not reveal the omega-3 milligrams for milk, choosing organic is optimal.
- Nutrient Analysis Per Serving: 101 calories; 6g protein; 19g carbohydrates; 1g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g monosaturated fat; 0mgs omega-3s; 0g fiber; 16g sugar; 77mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by leizalou and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes