Served over a Harry and David cheesecake and everyone swooned!
Hot Caramel Sauce
More From Southern Living
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Garnish: chopped pecans
- 1. Cook brown sugar and butter in a heavy 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 2. Gradually stir in whipping cream. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed. Cover and chill up to 1 week. Reheat in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbly, stirring at 1-minute intervals. Cool slightly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note