- 2 (29-ounce) cans sliced peaches, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can sweet dark pitted cherries, drained
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried apricots
- 12 pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 walnut halves
How to Make It
Combine peaches, cherries, apricots, dates, rind, and juice in a large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Pour into a lightly greased 3-quart casserole. Arrange walnut halves over top of fruit. Cover mixture, and refrigerate overnight.
Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Serve hot.