Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ounce(s) whole butter
- 2 ounce(s) all purpose flour
- 16 ounce(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 14 ounce(s) sliced roasted turkey breast
- 4 slice(s) texas toast
- 4 slice(s) crispy bacon
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour until combined and forms a thick paste (roux). Continue to cook roux for 2 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Whisk heavy cream into roux and cook over medium heat until the cream begins to simmer, about 2-3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in parmesan cheese until the Mornay sauce is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For each hot brown, place 2 slices toast in an oven safe dish and cover with 7 ounces of turkey. Top with sliced tomato. Next, pour half of the Mornay sauce to completely cover the dish. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese. Place entire dish under a broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble. Remove from broiler, cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top, sprinkle with paprika and parsley, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Stanelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hot Browns Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes