This was sooo good, i used leftover rotissere chicken and made open face sandwiches and served with a spinach salad...This was quick and satasifying!
Sliced tomato, crumbled bacon, and savory cheddar cheese sauce smother shredded turkey in this open-faced sandwich. You can also use leftover chicken in place of the turkey. Broiling the sandwiches browns and melts the Parmesan cheese that tops them.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 440
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 34.6g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 815mg
- Calcium: 255mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- Remaining ingredients:
- 12 (1-ounce) slices white bread, toasted
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey (about 6 ounces)
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, paprika, and pepper. Cook the mixture 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar, Worcestershire, and mustard; stir with a whisk until smooth. Keep warm.
- Arrange toast on a large baking sheet. Arrange turkey evenly over toast. Drizzle sauce evenly over turkey; top each toast slice with 1 tomato slice. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and Parmesan. Broil for 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note