- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie stick margarine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices wheat bread, toasted
- 1 pound shaved oven-roasted fat-free deli turkey breast
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 8 teaspoons crumbled real bacon bits
- Freshly ground pepper
- calories 375
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 12.2 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 4.3 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 31.1 g
- carbohydrate 37.8 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 1859 mg
- calcium 239 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place flour in a medium bowl. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until blended.
Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in chicken broth mixture. Cook 8 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add 1/4 cup cheese; cook 1 minute. (Cheese will not completely melt.) Remove from heat; stir in sherry.
Slice each toasted bread slice in half diagonally. Arrange 4 toast triangles on a baking sheet, overlapping triangles. Top each with 3 ounces turkey, about 3/4 cup cheese sauce, 2 tomato slices, 2 teaspoons bacon bits, and 1 tablespoon remaining cheese. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches. Bake at 450° in the upper third of the oven for 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with pepper.