Hot Apple Toddy
- 3 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 2 quarts Irish whiskey
- 2 cups Jamaican rum
- 3 lemon rinds cut in long spirals
- 50 whole cloves
- 1 (4-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Core apples; peel top third of each. Place apples in a shallow baking dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- Place baked apples in a large stainless steel stock pot. Add 1 quart boiling water and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple juice, whiskey, and rum to mixture; stir well, and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Stir in lemon rind, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg; simmer, uncovered, an additional hour. Remove whole spices, and discard. Serve hot in warm serving cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages, Alcoholic