Hot Apple Toddy
- 3 large baking apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 2 quarts Irish whiskey
- 2 cups Jamaican rum
- 3 lemon rinds cut in long spirals
- 50 whole cloves
- 1 (4-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Core apples; peel top third of each. Place apples in a shallow baking dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- Place baked apples in a large stainless steel stock pot. Add 1 quart boiling water and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple juice, whiskey, and rum to mixture; stir well, and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Stir in lemon rind, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg; simmer, uncovered, an additional hour. Remove whole spices, and discard. Serve hot in warm serving cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This