Hot Apple Dumplings
Community Recipe from
- 2 Granny Smith Apples Sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 canned biscuits (I use Pillsbury buttermilk)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel, core and slice apples vertically into 8 slices each. Cover with cold water to keep them from getting brown while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the water, 3/4 cup of the sugar, butter and vanilla over heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Separate each biscuit in half. Wrap biscuit dough layer around a slice of apple, stretching it to slightly overlap and seal the bottom.
- Place the wrapped slices sealed side down in a 9 X 13 baking pan. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the wrapped apples. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream! YUM!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hot Apple Dumplings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes