I perused myrecipes.com looking for ways to preserve cucumbers. I thought these sounded interesting. I was pleasantly surprised on how wonderful they taste. The flavor just pops in your mouth!
Hot-and-Sweet Freezer Pickles
- 3 1/2 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cook 1 cup sugar, 1 cup vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture over cucumber mixture. Cover and chill 48 hours.
- Spoon evenly into 6 half-pint or 3 pint canning jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch of room at the top; seal, label, and freeze pickles 8 hours or up to 6 months. Thaw in refrigerator before serving; use thawed pickles within 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables