- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds lean, boneless center-cut loin pork chops (1/3 inch thick)
- 16 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain nonfat yogurt
- calories 193
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 17.2 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 36 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 227 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 10 ingredients in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish, stirring well. Trim fat from chops. Add chops to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning chops occasionally.
Bake chops in marinade, covered, at 325° for 1 hour, basting occasionally with marinade. Uncover and bake an additional hour or until most of the liquid is absorbed and meat is saucy. Let cool slightly, and shred.
Spoon 3 1/2 tablespoons shredded pork down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and secure with wooden picks, if necessary. Place 2 tortillas on each plate, and top with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce and 1 tablespoon yogurt.
To Freeze: Divide shredded pork evenly among 4 labeled heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bags or airtight containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To Serve Two: Thaw 1 (2-serving) bag in refrigerator or microwave oven. Cook pork in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, adding 2 tablespoons water, if necessary. Spoon pork mixture evenly down centers of 4 tortillas. Roll up tortillas, and secure with wooden picks, if necessary. Place 2 tortillas on each plate, and top with 1/4 cup lettuce and 1 tablespoon yogurt.