i made this and we liked it i used diced up ham instead of the pepperoni cause i cant eat pepperoni [heartburn] it wasnt spicey like i thought but that was okay cause my 4 year old granddaughter loved it as well as my 2 year old grandson my husband just added creole seasoning to spice it up will make it again when it gets cooler next time im gonna add sauage instead of ham will let you know how it turns out
Hot-and-Spicy Black-Eyed Peas
Bake Buttermilk Cornbread after adding rice to the slow cooker.
More From Southern Living
Soak: 8 Hours
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried black-eyed peas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 (3-ounce) package pepperoni slices, diced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rice
- Place peas in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above peas; let stand 8 hours. Drain.
- Combine peas and next 8 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook at LOW 8 hours. Stir in tomatoes and rice; cook, covered, 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes