- 1 (16-ounce) package dried black-eyed peas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 (3-ounce) package pepperoni slices, diced
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rice
How to Make It
Place peas in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover with water 2 inches above peas; let stand 8 hours. Drain.
Combine peas and next 8 ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook at LOW 8 hours. Stir in tomatoes and rice; cook, covered, 30 minutes.